Happy holidays! You’re about to be very busy. Last year roughly 158 Million people traveled for the holidays between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. With both pet ownership and holiday travel on the rise, pet sitters are more in demand than ever.
As your calendars start to fill up, it will be a mad dash to find qualified pet sitters. Here are 3 places you can look for help.
Shelter staff and volunteers make great pet sitters. They are exposed to a lot of different behaviors and often receive professional instruction from the shelter. The downside is that shelter can be busy during the holiday season. Their staff and volunteer network might be stretched a bit thin.
Scout Works So You Don’t Have To
- Pet owners can conveniently and accurately manage their schedule through the Scout mobile app.
- Smart Charges automatically apply company pricing policies such as late cancelations, weekends, additional pets and more.
- Automated, hands-free, billing saves time and eliminates past due balances.
- Scheduling changes are quick and easy with the drag and drop calendar.
2. Community or Local Colleges
Responsible college students with nothing to do on break can make great pet sitters. I’ve had a lot of success working with college students. The key word is responsible. One thing I like to do is ask for a referral from a couple of professors.
Your customers can make great helpers. While your schedule is booking up with travelers, a lot of your regulars will also cancel because they are off from work and may be sticking around for a stay-cation. Put the word out to the ones you think would be a good fit. People are always looking for ways to make a little extra money during the holidays.
Do you have any suggestions? Let us know! Tag us @scoutforpets on social media and let us know what’s worked for you.